Disconnection of power supply due to relocation
If you are moving out from a property, you need to submit an application form for termination of the Power Supply Contract to any PPC Sales Office or call our customer support on 11770, in order to interrupt the issuance of the bills in your name, otherwise bills will continue to be issued and you will be held liable for their payment pursuant to the relevant term on your contract.
A necessary condition is that the bill should be issued in your name.
The following supporting documents are required:
• an electricity bill of the property
• a photocopy of your ID card or passport (or another official proof of identity)
• proof of your Tax ID Number (copy of any public document such as income tax return form, ΤΙΝ assignment certificate, property rental data statement from TAXIS system)
During the aforementioned procedure you should provide us with the postal address to which the Final Bill will be sent. For your own convenience, you can provide the Supply Number of the property in which you are staying (or you will stay) so that any credit or debit balance of your final bill will be transferred thereto.
The above procedure may be carried out by an authorized person as long as he/she provides us with the following documents:
• authorization certified by the Police Station or by the Citizens’ Service Centre (KEP) (original or photocopy)
• photocopy of ID card or passport
The FINAL BILL will be issued based on the last meter reading and will include the consumption between the meter reading appearing on the “ACTUAL” bill already been issued and the last meter reading on the day that disconnection took place. When calculating the FINAL BILL, the deposit amount initially paid on the date of the supply contract signing will be offset.
If the person who signed the contract with PPC passed away, the application form for termination of the Power Supply Contract can be submitted by the heir provided that he provides us with the following documents:
• Death certificate of the contracting party
• Copy of the ID card or passport of the heir
• Copy of the property inheritance contract (acceptance of succession) or next of kin certificate
• In case there are co-heirs, a certified authorization from the rest of the heirs (Solemn Declaration of L.1599/1986) stating their consent for disconnection of the power supply.
Important information for the property owner: Pursuant to L. 3345/2005, empty property with no electricity supply is exempted from municipal duties and taxes (cleaning and lighting), provided that the following documents are submitted to the competent municipality: a) the relevant Solemn Declaration of the owner of the property or his/her legal representative, b) a certificate issued by the local HEDNO offices on the termination of the supply contract for the property. Please find more information about the local HEDNO offices on http://www.deddie.gr/en/simeia-eksupiretisis or call on 11500.