The Sustainability Strategy, which is based on the philosophy of Creating Shared Value (CSV), aims inter alia at the following:
• incorporate the Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs) in our business plan and operating model in order to help us achieve them
• support the Group’s effort to reduce emissions in accordance with the medium-term goals and to achieve the end goal, namely net zero emissions by 2040
• reduce the negative impact caused by the Group’s activity on biodiversity (nature positive)
• drive the transformation of the production chain and supply procedures based on ESG criteria
• set goals taking into account ESG criteria
• shape a new corporate culture that will be incorporated in all Group Companies and structures
• come closer to customers and the society
• support employees and associates
• contribute to the Just Transition
• increase the Group’s access to Green Sustainable Funds.
• take into account the requirements of the EU Taxonomy Regulation.
In pursuit of this, the Group is in the process of implementing a Sustainability action plan based on the CSV model with the aim of incorporating it into the PPC and the Group's business strategy, operating model, and value chain.
This plan takes into consideration:
• the internal environment, specifically the potential and existing negative and positive impacts of the Group's business model on the natural environment, the economy and people,
• the external environment and specifically the developments in the energy sector at the national and European level, the strategy and corresponding actions and practices of similar companies, the requirements of internationally recognized standards, principles and Sustainability rating agencies, in addition to emerging mega-trends in the sector.
Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from accessing certain features.
In order to improve your browsing experience we strongly recommend you use the links below to update to one of the following modern browsers.