TO AN EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
OF SHAREHOLDERS OF THE SOCIETE ANONYME UNDER THE NAME
" PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION S.A."
Societe Anonyme Reg. No 47829/06/B/00/2
In accordance with the Greek Law and the Articles of Incorporation and following resolution no. 215/17.10.2002 of the company's Board of Directors, all shareholders of the Company under the name "PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION S.A." are invited to an extraordinary general meeting to be held on Friday the 15th of November 2002 at 10.00 a.m. at the "ILISSOS" Hall of the DIVANI - CARAVEL Hotel, at 2, M. Alexandrou Street, in Athens, where there will be a discussion and vote on the following items of the Agenda:
- Authorization by the General Meeting for the signing of a contract between the company and the Greek government on granting to the company an option to purchase 30% of the shares of DEPA S.Α. from the Greek government, always according to the authorization of par. 4, art. 4 of Act 2593/1998 and authorization for the signing of said contract.
- Decision on the commencement of the process of exercising the option to purchase 30% of the shares of DEPA S.Α. from the Greek government, as per the provisions in the submitted draft of the contract and authorization in accordance with the Law and the Articles of Incorporation for the commencement of the process of exercising said option.
- Increase of the share capital of PPC through the capitalization of the sum derived from the readjustment of the company's fixed assets as per the provisions of Act 2065/1992 and through the capitalization of the sum derived from the conversion of the company's share capital to the Euro.
- Determination of the capacity of each member of the Board of Directors as executive, non-executive and independent non-executive, as per the provisions of Act 3016/17.5.2002 on corporate management.
The shareholders who wish to participate in the above mentioned extraordinary general meeting must, according to Greek Law and the Articles of Incorporation, submit to the Company's competent office (30 Chalkokondyli St, 5th floor, office 513, Athens) from 10:00 to 13:00, at least five (5) business days prior to the extraordinary general meeting the following documents:
- Those shareholders (owners of dematerialized shares) who act through an administrator (Bank or Securities Agency) should block their shares through their administrator and submit to the Company the relevant certificate of their shares being blocked issued by the Central Securities Depository in order to participate in the extraordinary general meeting along with any documents of their representation.
- Those shareholders (owners of dematerialized shares) who do not act through an administrator but are registered in the special account administered by the Central Securities Depository, should block their shares by a relevant declaration made directly to the Central Securities Depository and submit to PPC S.A. the aforementioned certificate along with any documents of their representation.
Athens, October 17, 2002
By order of the Board of Directors
Demetrios V. Papoulias
Chairman of the Board of Directors