PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION SOCIETE ANONYME" announces that, the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders-except the minority shareholders of the Corporation, was held today on Monday 8 January 2007, at 13:30 (Greek time).
The majority shareholder representing 118,605,114 shares (51.12% of a total of 232,000,000 shares) in accordance with the Greek law and articles 23 and 10 par.2b of the articles of incorporation, proceeded with the election of five Board of Directors members, due to the expiry of equal number of members' term of office, which are the following:
1. Charalambos David
2. Constantine Kyriacopoulos
3. Evaggelos Magirou
4. George Mergos
5. Constantine Michalos
The new members are elected for a three years term which expires on 8 January 2010, apart from the term of office of the Managing Director Mr. Dimitrios Maniatakis which expires on 27 February 2008 and the term of office of the representatives of employees which expires on 4 February 2007.
Afterwards the Board of Directors convened and formed a body, as follows:
1. Constantine Kyriacopoulos, (Chairman BoD - non executive member)
2. Dimitrios Maniatakis, (CEO - executive member)
3. Ioannis Giannidis (independent -non executive member)
4. Charalambos David (independent -non executive member)
5. Michael Cortessis (independent -non executive member)
6. Panagiotis Loftsalis (representative of employees -non executive member)
7. Evaggelos Magirou (independent -non executive member)
8. George Mergos (non executive member)
9. Constantine Michalos (independent -non executive member)
10. Ioannis Panagopoulos (representative of OKE*- independent -non executive member)
11. Anastasios Petrou (representative of employees - non executive member)
*OKE: Greek Economic and Social Committee.
Athens January 8, 2007