In the context of its operation, the OHSD as an IPPS shall:
- Coordinate the company's Safety Technicians and Occupational Physicians.
- Ensure the elaboration of Written Risk Assessment Studies.
- Be informed of the entries in the books of observations and suggestions of the Safety technicians and Occupational Physicians and ensure that the management of the company is briefed.
- Arrange and prepare Harmful Factor Measurements and relevant mitigation studies.
- Ensure the implementation of the Permanent Instructions with regard to Occupational Health and Safety and the Occupational Safety Guidelines by the Company's Units by carrying out Inspections at workplace.
- Ensure the continuous information and training of the staff of the IPPS, as well as of the entire personnel of the company on matters pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Ensure the proper management of existing equipment (measuring and medical-diagnostic) and recommend the procurement of new equipment.
- Procure and provide the necessary Personal Protective Equipment and appropriate Firefighting Equipment to the Company's Service Units.