Natural Person / Individuals
The electricity bill must be issued in the name of the person actually using the property. If you move to a property connected to the network for which a bill is already issued in someone else’s name, you will need to sign a new Power Supply Contract, so that the bill can be issued in your name.
To sign a new Supply Contract you can contact the Customer Service Line on 11770 or can visit any PPC branch. You will need to submit the following documentation:
- An electricity bill, or alternatively you will need to know the Supply Number of the property
- Your ID card or passport (or other official proof identity)
- Proof of your Tax ID No. (any public document such us a statement of tax payable, Tax ID No. certificate, property declaration from the TAXIS system)
- For your own assurance, you may also be asked to provide proof of submission of rental details from the TAXIS system or the title deeds.
When you sign the new Power Supply Contract, you will need to pay the guarantee. To find out more about the payable guarantee payable, you can contact our Customer Service Line by calling 11770 and quoting the Supply Number for the property or the Contract Account Number.
An authorised representative can do this on your behalf, provided he/she has the following documents with him/her:
- The original certified authorisation
- ID Card
Note that this procedure is also followed if the previous user had applied to disconnect the power supply.
NOTE: If the electrical fitter’s solemn declaration (licenced electrician’s certificate) has expired then you need to submit a recent electrical fitter’s solemn declaration to the local HEDNO office within 6 months. If there is no power supply at the property, because the previous user applied to disconnect it, you will need to submit an electrical fitter’s solemn declaration (licenced electrician’s certificate) to HEDNO immediately in order to be reconnected.
Click here to learn more about the current residential tariffs.